11 Signs You Are Clairaudient
amanda linette meder
Wondering if you’re clairaudient? Hearing ringing in the earings and thinking it may have a spiritual meaning? Read on -
The ability to hear Spirit is called clairaudience.
Clairaudience (clear-hearing) can manifest internally, meaning heard within your mind, or externally, meaning heard as a voice or a noise outside of yourself.
If you’ve heard noises, frequently talk to yourself when no one is around or begun to hear a popping or ringing in your ears, your clairvoyant abilities may be coming in.
With clairaudience, it’s possible to hear Spirit and also telepathically communicate with other people and animals.
When My Abilities Started Opening
When my clairaudient abilities started opening up, these were my signs of developing clairaudience:
I would hear people say my name who weren’t there
My ears would ring quite a lot
I became very sensitive to loud noises
Even today, when I get overtaxed or into a hypersensitive state, my hearing becomes very acute and I’ll need to ground and center my energy before carrying on. I carry earplugs with me quite a bit, actually.
Clairaudience allows you to hear and communicate with Guides, Angels and Loved Ones by listening carefully.
And as your abilities begin to open up, clairaudience may begin to open subtly or it may begin with a bang. Either way, there are several signs you may already have the ability to connect with and communicate with Spirit clairaudiently -
11 Signs You Can Hear Spirit
signs of clairaudience
1. You sometimes hear a tv, radio or talking in the distance with no explanation.
2. You often have conversations with yourself in the shower, car or while alone (a sign you’re talking to your guides with internal clairaudience).
3. You hear or speak voices within your mind that are rational, encouraging and offer ideas.
4. You’ve heard whispering around you, down a hall, or through a baby monitor.
5. You’ve heard someone say your name while no one else is present.
6. You’ve heard strange noises around the house such as banging, knocking and creaking.
7. You’ve heard buzzing or ringing sounds with no explanation.
8. Your ears have popped such as traveling on an airplane or diving underwater. The spiritual meaning of ears popping is generally that it’s a sign you are sensitive to pressure changes which can come with sensing energy changes.
9. You often hear things that others can’t, such as hums in buildings, vehicles or other structures.
10. You’ve heard muffled speaking or sounds as though it’s coming through underwater.
11. You’re known for giving advice and when you’re finished speaking, everyone is impressed and surprised, including you (a sign that messages from Guides or Angels are being spoken through you).
The ability to see, hear and sense those in Spirit is easier and starts earlier in your spiritual development than you may think.
And remember - just because you receive a clairaudient message doesn’t mean you have to abide by it or even live your life by it.
Clairaudience is a lot like being a satellite receiver, and depending on what frequency you are on, will determine the types of messages you pick up.
On a personal note, when I was a little girl, my father worked for a time on NASA projects, and while all of this work was confidential, I was able to go behind the scenes a couple of times during take your kid to workdays.
And no, they never held me against my will. My biggest complaint as a child visiting NASA contractors was that I was given barbies to play with while there and not the technical toys the boys got.
He worked on his many satellite projects at home, and through this experience, I learned a lot about what it takes to be a good reflector of energy and much of it yes, does apply to psychic development.
How being a clear sender improves your clairaudience
It’s essential to manage your mood, your emotions, and your own thoughts as you awaken psychically.
Doing so will keep you on the wavelength you want to be on to be receiving friendly messages and connecting with the types of energies and messages that are going to be healthy for you.
Not all clairaudient messages, just as not all physical messages, hold the same value. A Light Intuition notes that messages from a loving source hold the highest value and if you aren’t getting those, ground, and then think about what you hear.
Part of the spiritual path includes discernment of the messages you receive. So once you know you are receiving, the next step is to weed out what to listen to and to start paying attention to what you’re sending out there, too.
telepathy and clairaudience
As a clairaudient, also keep in mind it will be possible for others with the same abilities to read and sense your thoughts, not on an evil level, but as a fellow receiver.
Telepathy, which is the name of this aspect of clairaudience, can be useful.
I personally find it easier to relate to people who can pick up things psychically, because I have to spend less time explaining myself. I think most intuitives will agree that the whole telepathic thing is less of a paranoia concern and more just a convenience.
So if you have any of the clairaudience signs above, or you’ve heard other people’s thoughts, you may be clairaudient, and it’s nothing to worry about, it can be helpful.
To dive into discernment deeper, check out the links below or to identify which of your abilities are strongest, check out the Open Your Gifts eCourse.
Amanda Linette Meder
Last updated 07.15.2019
Photo credit: All photos in this post from Pixabay.