While you don't need to do anything to prepare for a reading, as the medium will do most of the work to align him or herself to connect with Spirit, many people do ask, what can I do to get the most out of a session with a medium?
Whether you have a session tomorrow, next week, or are simply considering meeting with a medium to connect with those who have crossed over - there are some things you can do to get the most out of your mediumship reading.
Top 8 Tips and Suggestions to Get the Most out of a Reading
1. Keep an open mind. The best thing you can do is to be open to receiving information and messages, and to be open to hearing from any spirit who may come through for you. All of them have valid and meaningful messages.
2. Invite the spirit guides, angels, or deceased loved ones you wish to see, to join you at the reading. Do you have someone you’d specifically like to speak with on the other side? If so, set the intention that they are welcome to join you at the reading. Tell them the day, and time, and invite them along. Although this person may or may not show up, the energy of your intention can make it easier for them to come through.
3. Think of anyone you know who may have died. Before the reading, RAKE your mind of anyone that you know who may have died – in your family, friends, or even if your outside social circle. If they died 30 years ago, before you were born, or if you knew them in middle school – they could still show up!
4. Be open to any spirit who may come through to communicate with you. While I can create the optimal conditions for a spirit to come through for you, the spirits decide whether or not they are ready to take the step. In additionally, they decide when, for how long, with whom they visit! If you wanted to hear from your grandfather, but your father came instead, I highly suggest we listen to the message. If someone came from the other side to speak with you, their message is valuable.
5. Remember that a spirit communication is borne out of love. Spirits work very hard to contact you through me, often going to the trouble of assisting you in your decision to set up the appointment in the first place. Medium readings are a gift from our passed loved ones and spirit guides to confirm that they are with us always, and are assisting and guiding us from the other side. If you should have a reading, open your heart and mind to whatever it is they decide to communicate to you about.
6. Avoid giving me too much information! When it comes to identifying your Spirit, they will often provide me with the clues needed for you to know who is speaking. If you add information, it takes away from the information the medium (me!) can provide you about the person who is coming through. We want to keep the magic alive!
7. Be prepared to take notes or record the session. While I offer an MP3 of all sessions upon request, sometimes taking notes helps you to soak in the information as it is being delivered. Since readings often include information for the future, or that you are not immediately able to process or validate – taking notes is essential.
8 Pay attention. Do your best to stay in ‘present’ space during a reading. Often in readings, clients zone out and pay little attention to the information –perhaps due to preoccupation, resistance to the message, or worry. Not only will it be easier to connect with you, but you will also be able to absorb what is being communicated with you. A pre-reading meditation may help calm your nerves prior to our session.
And as always, you can ask the medium if they have any preferences for how the reading will be conducted, and of their suggestions ahead of time! While these are my recommendations - your medium may have other tips to help you out :).
Mediumship and connecting with your loved ones is such an amazing and beautiful experience, we all do truly want you to receive the most out of your connection.
PS - Still considering a session? Find out the benefits of a reading here!