What Is A Spirit Portal?
amanda linette meder
A Spirit Portal is any person, place, or object that acts as a channel for unrelated Spiritual beings to travel to and from the physical realm, we know as Earth.
The main differences between a vortex and a portal
A portal an opening or a gateway or bridge to another world and a vortex is a spiral or pull of energy, sometimes attached to locations or created by geomagnetic forces.
They can be similar, except vortexes are often more 2D in appearance, and portals appear to be more conical in shape. Occasionally, vortices can become portals.
Where portals could exist:
- The most common human-made portals include entry points such as mirrors, doorways, and windows.
Those in Spirit often enter our houses through doors, especially if we live near a busy street, or through a window, a popular portal of Angels and Guides. Windows are places where energy is magnified.
- Anywhere where energy can concentrate and flow through both ways, can become a portal. Waterfalls, geological divides, fissures in the earth, riverways, all of these can be portals.
- Anything with a porous, osmotic boundary can become a portal, such as sources of organic materials, including the human body.
- Anything with a high heat holding capacity makes a great portal.
- Anything where magnetic energy concentrates, which can be related to the geological makeup of the area, can be a portal. Geological portals are called Vortices.
- Places where individuals are crossing over into the realm of Spirit frequently such as hospitals and battlefields.
Since many Spirits were once human, and humans are permeable beings, humans can also act as portals, especially humans that do healing work.
When humans are portals, we have another name for them, we call them "channels."
These are natural spirit sensitives and mediums, who are portals whether the person is consciously aware of it or not.
In my personal opinion, it’s better if a person who is a portal is consciously aware of this because then they have more control as to who and what they are bringing in. They also have greater control as to when they are channeling and opening to the energy attached to them.
What is not a portal:
- Though they may seem like it, objects such as Ouija boards, electronic devices, and pendulums are not technically portals on their own. They are communication tools that can be used to connect with a Spirit already present.
However, a collection of tools in one place over a long period could create a portal, forming a large enough energy draw to create a space where energy is drawn.
- While Spirits can be attached to furniture, objects, and buildings, these examples are technically called attachments, not portals.
Think of portals as concial energy draws, what creates them is still someone mystical. They can also be temporary and exist only for one or two nights, depending on what is going on in our galaxy.
If you have a flowing energy space that you think is a portal in your home:
- It’s possible to clear a portal in your home or even redirect it using Feng Shui, crystal gridding, and energy clearing techniques. Heather Nodello gives some great advice for clearing portals in her article, Spiritual and Psychic Portals.
- You can look to the geological lines, or even hidden springs, or local fissures to find out where high energy flows will be in and around a home before buying it.
Following Hawks talks about the possible risks of not stepping back and energy reading a place before you buy or rent it in her article, Haunted Houses and Unfriendly Land.
- You can also cross over spirits that may come through the portal using the Transitions eBook or by reading this blog on how to cross over a Spirit.
Many things can draw the spirits in and for many reasons, think of a portal more like a black hole or an energy spring.
They can be positive or negative, created through magnetic forces, geologic or even by human centers of energy.
They can also go dormant and later become activated due to a variety of reasons.
For those who live in and around the positive energy portals, they can make life more joyous, negative ones can make it difficult to sleep. It is not uncommon for there to be portals inside homes, schools, churches, or for humans to create them through conscious actions.
Even positive portals can make one jittery.
How to work with a portal
What you attract, think about, and spend your time on will often draw those types of spirits to that space. Portals can be strengthened over time through collective human thoughts, making it so in some spaces, it is easier to reach or access certain entities than others.
If you have a portal nearby you or believe you may have one attached to you, you can actively open and close yourself to it using essential oils, energy clearing rituals, and visualizations.
For example, in places where Angels are revered, there may be a portal for that type of entity and similar.
The flow of this energy through it may ultimately be strengthened through continued prayer, meditation, and an effort to cycle that type of energy through space.
The portals and the energies they contain can also have an effect on humans, and those near them, over a continued period, as well.
Portals can also change and shift as the Universe moves and spirals, so keep that in mind.
No spirit portal exists within a vacuum, meaning they all affect those around them and are influenced by the area they’re in, along with any other interacting elements.
It helps to know what they are, where they could be, and how one can influence you or you, it.
For more articles on portals and vortices, check out the links below -
Amanda Linette Meder
If you think you might be a portal, check out the eBook, The Medium's Toolkit and read more in the blogs below:
Last Updated 2019.10.09