21 Signs You're A Medium
Note from Amanda: You're tuning into one of most popular articles on the blog, thank you, reader. New here? After you're finished reading this one, make sure to check out all my newest articles here, now onward:
As I started developing my gifts and sharing them with the world, lots of people thought I was crazy. And truth be told, I'd almost convinced myself of that, too.
But I soon realized that something more was going on. After all, if you're an otherwise a rational human being in all other areas of your life, why would you be crazy, but *only* in this one way?
See, it doesn't make sense.
After years of validation and feedback, it's confirmed: what I got is an ability, not a disease.
Since then, I’ve met many a person with abilities just like me, but have become convinced by friends, family, media, own insecurity - that they've got a problem, rather than just a rather interesting quirk . . . so I wrote what you're reading now - this post.
If you're reading this - I want to you to know you may not be crazy. At least not like that.
Experiences happen whether you're under stress or not, and regardless of how many remedies you try. No matter how many variables you change, you'll just find yourself right back to square one. Sound familiar?
People who date mediums find them more compassionate, empathetic and thoughtful than other partners they've had and those who are friends with a medium, never have to live a moment in their life without someone to call on for support.
Mediums are really just big 'ol empaths.
But with one teeny-eensy catch:
They pick up on feelings, emotions, and impressions from the living and from the dead, rather than just from the living. See, not so bad.
You don't have to be a professional medium to sense the presence of Spirit, anyone can get this ability. And there are two types of onset - one onset later in life, and one early on. Think: like Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes. One has to do more with heredity and genetics (we think), and the other has more to do more with certain weatherings of life experience that make you more susceptible to it.
Anyway, I'm getting over my head now: what follows is a list of symptoms that commonly present themselves when you have is the gift of mediumship. Taken alone, each thing on this list could require medical attention, but when combined with 15 or more symptoms . . .
21 Signs You're A Medium
- You've always had an interest and belief in the paranormal
- You can walk into a room and feel pressure, heat, heaviness or emotions
- You recall seeing or sensing spirits as a child or know relatives or have
- You had an unexplainable fear of the dark, either in childhood or now
- You have an active dream life, including vivid nightmares or lucid dreams
- You are woken up at night frequently and/or generally don't slept well
- You’ve had that weird, creepy feeling in old buildings, cemeteries, or in places of trauma
- You’ve seen things out of the corner of your eye: white smoke, sparkles, shadows, figures
- Someone close to you has died, and you've been experiencing a lot of odd things
- You hear voices and have convinced yourself it's nagging thoughts, overactive imagination, or things you just made up
- You’ve pretended conversations with animals: cats, dogs, wildlife
- You’ve been getting bad anxiety from out of nowhere, having a hard time breathing
- You hear strange noises other rooms when no one else is there or home
- You don’t like to be alone especially at night
- You've felt watched
- You, or someone you’re related to, has pointed out spirits or paranormal experiences they've had
- You’ve had paranormal experiences yourself that you can’t entirely explain
- Electronics, appliances, lights, and TVs all tend to go out or flicker around you
- You have a habit of delivering spirit smackdowns: profound lengthy manifestos to others, then after the words leave your mouth, you have no idea where the information came from
- You've developed a nervous twitch and it's been getting worse
- You’ve taken prescription pills, drugs, or alcohol to avoid any of the above
If 15 or more of these things check "yes," congratulations, you're having a baby! Just kidding...
You may find it helpful know that what you are experiencing is fairly common, and you aren't alone. Lots of people from all over the political, religious, age, class, race, industry spectrum have pulled me aside to talk about this. (So relax, alright?) It's just something no one wants to discuss because they're afraid everyone will think they're crazy. It's a terrible isolation loop, really. But moving on . . .
A lot of completely well-rounded people can see, feel and hear through the veil from time to time. Though it's true: it's not something always easy to get used to at first, but over time, trust me - it grows on you. It really does grow.
The beauty of this gift is that you don't necessarily need to do anything with it besides embrace it and let it enrich your life in whatever way you want it to. Of course, you could go down open a store on Front Street tomorrow if you want (don't let me stop ya) . . . but before we do -
So how can you tell when it's happening?
Thankfully, some first signs of mediumship present themselves physical signs.
Sudden migraine, side temple headache: rare
Sudden nausea, upset stomach: common
Dizziness, faintness of breath: pretty common
Tightness in chest, difficulty breathing: very common
That's why you see on TV, mediums suddenly grasping a wall or something when spirit be comin' through. Because it's like that. It can hit you like that. Hard and fast. Sometimes it still hits me like a wall.
So if you feel any of these in any known spirit-y local, old antique stores, train stations, performing arenas, anywhere where you have a lot of inward/outward influx of people and energy - hospitals - and so on, well: then it's a hit.
But, it can also happen in your home, especially after someone you know dies.
I describe the feeling of spirit present to me as similar to when you are climbing the great drop tower at an amusement park, but it feels slightly different and nuanced to everyone.
In my eBook, The Medium Toolkit, we go over the most common ways all the different types of mediums sense, see and hear those in Spirit, if you're interested in learning more. Also, this whole blog is dedicated to new mediumship and processing all the feelings surrounding new and old gifts, alike. So it's Ok. You're here, among peers - take some time to look around.
Popular post round ups are on the sidebar >>, find all the newest articles here, or check out the next recommended in the links below. And welcome.
Amanda Linette Meder
Last updated: February 23, 2017