Ever wondered if what you are experiencing is actually a Spiritual Awakening?
Or could it be just another, yet particularly wild time in your life?
When I was going through an experience that what I now know was a spiritual awakening, I felt like the world was falling apart and, also, I hated everything. My beliefs were challenged, I lost interest in life, I quit my career, and left someone I thought would be my life partner. I sold everything I owned, walked out of my house, and moved across the country. I was a real mess.
And when I speak to others, who are going through the process of breaking apart, breaking down, and discarding the trash – I’ve found that while a spiritual awakening is depicted as being lovely, fantastical, and full of love and light, in the beginning, it may not a sun showers and butterflies. In other words, the beginning of a spiritual awakening is not always that pleasant!
In order to unearth the beautiful jewel and light that you have within you, to discover your soul’s path and live in more vibrancy and light – you first have to get rid of everything that have prevented you from getting there! In this process, you may separate from others, re-evaluate everything, and purge people, things, and circumstances from your life. Shed all of the layers that were covering up your light like a dark, heavy cloak.
And you’re not alone – many others – including those reading this blog, each person that who writes these blog posts, and likely the entirely community of Lightworkers– has also experienced or is in the process of experiencing an awakening.
So, want to know if you’re having one? Here’s a list of some tell-tale signs you’re embarking on a grand journey of discovery!
The Signs of a Spiritual Awakening
- A strong feeling of separation from the world around you
- A loss of interest in the activities you once found interesting and engaging
- A general feeling of disinterest in conversations regarding material world things – such as grocery store sales or gas prices
- Finding yourself having ‘nothing to talk about’ with many of your current friends
- Feeling like you have little in common with those around you
- Having a sense of frustration that people don’t seem to ‘get it’ at all
- Noticing yourself having generalized feelings of depression or a feeling of not knowing where to go or what to do
- A desire to spend more time in nature
- Finding yourself devoting more time to you or feeling compelled to focus on self nurture
- Beginning to purge old events, memories, thoughts, and emotions from your system
- Wanting more ‘alone time’ than you usually do
- A loss of interest in the social scene or social events
- A desire to discuss or look into the deeper meaning of things
- Throwing away old clothes, developing a new wardrobe or style
- Finding yourself interested in reading older books and texts on spirituality or philosophy
- A loss of passion for your current job or career path
- A loss of interest for your current romantic partner
- A desire to find out what your purpose is or your life mission
- Expressing an new-found or re-discovered interest in spirituality
- Reaching out to others on the spiritual path for more information, support, or an ear to listen
- Experiencing a change in your sleep patterns, either wanting to sleep more, or not being able to
- Feeling activity at the top of your head (crown chakra energy center) like tingling, itching, or energy vibrating as your crown chakra begins to open
- Vivid dreams (or even nightmares)
- Powerful events which are life changing in nature
- Bursts of creativity and insight
- A deep yearning for meaning in life and a desire to learn about the realms of spirit
- An inner feeling that you are somehow different
- Starting to notice recurring numbers, symbols, or themes frequently appearing
- Increased intuition and natural experiences of altered consciousness
- Opening to communicate with your angels, guides, and loved ones in spirit
- Feeling closer to the Earth, animals and nature….
And, now, you may be asking, what is the purpose of this? What happens following a Spiritual Awakening?
Well, some would argue that you are always awakening – that this journey of unfolding, realizations, and opening continues on as long as your soul exists. But in this life, a Spiritual awakening simply means one thing – the light and beauty of your soul is unearthed and you begin to share your true nature, light, and beauty with the world around you. This may mean walking a more spiritual path, aligning yourself with your true passions, becoming more loving and compassionate, connecting with those in Spirit, heightening your average levels of joy and happiness, developing your intuitive abilities, and surrounding yourself with others who are doing the same!
See you on the journey!
With much love,