Improve How Much You’re Receiving In Your Relationships
Have you ever wondered how you could get more attention in your relationships? From your partners? Want to improve how much love you receive and can feel from your lover on a daily basis? Learning to become more open to love, in any way it comes to you?
In this last week's Soulmates Class, we discussed this very topic and we also discussed how it’s important that healers feel love, though they often don't feel it.
In relationships, it is true that the giving we do as healers, and as people, is not always equal to the amount of receiving we take in.
And, while not all relationships are created equal, and not all love languages built the same, most relationships rely on a delicate balance between giving and receiving.
The scale tips one way or the other for too long in either direction; the balance is no longer in sync, the relationship becomes out of harmony, and disconnect ensues.
Improving how much you can receive in your relationship is just one way you can restore the balance.
Just as important as giving, is your ability to receive love when given and offered to you.
When you improve how much you can receive, everything feels more abundant; your life, your level of gratitude for your partner, your day, and in many cases, this abundance spreads out into new opportunities coming in from all over - in your life, your career, and in your friendships.
Receiving has benefits on many levels, and yet so few of us take time to do it, to allow it to happen.
And when you’re not receiving love, it can affect how appreciated you feel, how valued you feel you are in the relationship, and the level of connectedness and synchronization you can experience with your partner.
Thankfully, there are six ways to improve how much receiving you’re doing that will directly impact how much love you’re feeling in your relationship, and in your life.
6 Ways to Receive More In ALL Of Your Relationships
1. Lean in and listen. Turning your body to your partner, drop your guard and fully listen to understand not to change. The first, not the easiest, true listening is the most necessary act of receiving. When you do this, an action of receiving occurs instantly, as you are now accepting your partner’s thoughts and ideas into your energy field.
2. Mention the things you like to receive… out loud. This is a great tip for manifestation, too. During your next casual trip out, try pointing out something you like and drop the phrase, “If you ever want to get a special treat for me, I really like this.” Say it playfully and in passing, and it’s the million dollar gesture. Highly helpful, this gives your partner an opportunity learn the types of things you like to receive, improving their ability to give to you in the way you prefer.
3. Grounding massage. On yourself or take out your stress on your partner’s weary joints through acupressure massage. Massage releases your excess energy and when performed with another, theirs, too. Loving physical touch also thaws emotional wounds, too, so this one is especially helpful after an argument or for preventing one, even internally.
4. Practice visualizing yourself receiving. Restore the balance of giving and receiving inside yourself, making this balance more likely to be reflected back to you in your communions with others. Focus on the sacral chakra, the first chakra related to relationships and the balance and harmony between the two. Imagine orange-yellow glowing light cycling back and forth through this area of your body, and then, if your partner is willing, visualize the same energy passing through his or her sacral region, uniting the two of you together, weaving the energy between you and they until you sense harmony. A great tool to add to any breath work you’re already doing.
5. Become a ‘let’s do it your way’ person for a while. Try moving into a ‘show me how’ mindset with your partner for a few weeks, and focus on observing and learning from them, rather than teaching them. Most of the time, we get so busy teaching our lovers how to be better, we forget exactly what we came into the coupleship to do: to learn and to love. Moving back into this state of wonder and learning from your partner, will put you back into a state of receiving and even better, into a state of awe with them.
6. Pull your energy back. Too many times when we want to receive more in our relationships, we end up giving more. We press more; we push more, we ask for more when the very thing we need to be doing is stepping back. Withdrawing back to yourself, as the individual, for the time being, is a great way to start receiving. It allows the pendulum to swing back in your direction, providing some time for the natural order of giving and receiving in the relationship to restore to its new state all on its own. Interested in a meditation that’ll help you do this?
Please see the Call Back Your Energy Meditation in The Member’s Meditation Lounge or if you're not in the center, check out the Energy Healing Meditations, these are a set of two meditations designed to help heal you, and your relationships, - emotionally and karmically - one track is for Self-Healing first, the second is for Relationship Healing.
They'll be available until 3/19/2018 - see them here - then we're reorganizing the online store! So if you'd like to pick up a copy of these tracks, make sure to do so soon.
Back to it -
In relationships, the balance of giving and receiving is not always equal, and a lot of us believe we’re already giving more than we’re receiving.
When this happens, what’s typically going on is one party is merely giving in a code the other can’t, doesn’t want, or hasn’t yet begun to understand.
These actions merely help one move back into a state of listening, observing and learning from your relationship, naturally moving you back into a state of receiving, and that is, ultimately a state of understanding, and love, in any relationship.
Learning how your partner gives to you in all the facets that they do, is just another way to open up to receive more from them, and once you understand their loving style more, it's easier to see it and catch it more often when it comes your way.
Looking into relationship issues during a reading?
If you're in the Member Center, check out the Member Article, Reading Strategies: For Binary Readings/AB Split Readings. This member article discusses how to see things two ways, helpful, in many situations - and especially when looking into relationships.
If you're not in the member center though, just search the blog for soulmates, relationship readings, and love and see what you find!
Amanda Linette Meder
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
Psychics & Skeptical Spouses: 11 Things You Can Do To Encourage A Non-Believing Spouse To Support You and Your Gifts (Amanda on Light Love and Spirit)
8 Ways To Keep Your Spirituality In Times of Stress (Amanda on Gaia)