Best Metaphysical Shops: Greater Phila Metro Area
A listing of helpful resources
Looking to pick up some ceremonial supplies? Crystal jewelry? Need an herbal remedy? Want to check out some antiques and oddities unique to the Philadelphia region during your next visit? Read on -
As a professional psychic medium, and as also a writer for my craft, I'm always exploring new shops, practitioners, and spiritual trends to write pieces about. Nestled in the forests of eastern Pennsylvania, an area of the country rich with spiritual history, I've been exploring around.
I've found some great brick and mortar physical shops for metaphysical goods, Native American goods, ceremonial supplies, herbal healing and more.
Here's my listing of some of the best shops in the area:
27 Metaphysical Shops in...
The Greater Philadelphia Metro Area
Books and Gifts
- Garland of Letters Bookstore: South Street Neighborhood, Philadelphia, PA. Books, oracle and tarot cards, eastern religion and yoga supplies.
- Soulutions for Daily Living: Newtown, PA. Books, gifts, oracle and tarot cards, candles.
- The Spiral Bookcase: Manayunk, Philadelphia, PA. Spiritual books and gifts.
- Seven Stones: Media, PA. Native American clothing, shoes and art, crystals, natural health and beauty supplies, ceremonial supplies.
- Southwest Trading Post: Skippack, PA. Native American clothing and shoes, books, jewelry, and gifts, specializing in turquoise jewelry, herbal remedies, ceremonial supplies.
Crystals, Gems, and Minerals
- Bey’s Rock Shop: Bechtelsville, PA. Geologist's style crystal shop, jewelry making supplies, some metaphysical, specializing in a raw and uncut bulk selection.
- Earth, Wind, Fire, Ice: Pennsbury-Chadds Ford Antique Mall, Chadd's Ford, PA. Native American goods, fossils, crystals, books, specializes in display and metaphysical pieces.
- Mineralistic: Society Hill, Philadelphia, PA. Behind-the-glass style gem and mineral shop, high-quality jewelry, tarot decks, mythology statues and more.
- Rina's Rocks: Hatboro, PA. Crystals, jewelry, fossils, candles, incense, and gifts, specializes in metaphysical pieces, also offering readings and healing services.*
traditional earth based spirituality
- Cat's Meow: Lansdale, PA. Spell services and supplies, incense, oils, readings.*
- Earthspeak: Kimberton, PA. Extensive crystal and Oracle card selection, anointing oils, shamanistic ritual supplies for all earth-based spirituality faiths.
- Into the Myst: Bethlehem, PA. Readings, tarot cards, books, candles.*
- Mystickal Thymes: New Hope, PA. Books, altar supplies, crystal jewelry.
- Merry Meet: Skippack, PA. Herbal charms, bracelets, readings, spell services and consultations, element work supplies, fairy supplies.*
Herbalism and herbalists
- The Herbiary: Redding Terminal Market, Philadelphia, PA. Modern herbal apothecary with supplies, aromatherapy, essential oils.
- Peace Valley Lavender Farm: Doylestown, PA. Working farm and shop complete with fresh lavender products, dried goods, and edibles, bath and body supplies, gifts for guests.
- The Prana House: West Chester, PA. Modern Herbal Apothecary yoga supplies, classes, metaphysical and herbal books, crystals, oracle card decks, jewelry, and more.*
- El Quetzal: Chestnut Hill, Philadelphia, PA. Clothing, cards and gifts, candles, housewares.
- Journey's Spirited Gifts: Peddler's Village, Lahaska, PA. Clothing and gifts, oracle cards, incense, books, candles.
- Moon and Arrow: Queen Village, Philadelphia, PA. All local artist made spiritual home goods, bath and body, jewelry and more.
- Ritual Ritual: Northern Liberties, Philadelphia, PA. Local artist work collective space with a shop that specializes in new age jewelry, spiritual fashion, and healing services.*
Oddities & Antiques
- Anastacia's Antiques and Collectables: Queen Village, Philadelphia, PA. Victorian and furnishings, spiritual antiques, vintage medical, estate jewelry, vintage Halloween pieces, etc.
- Boyertown Secrets & Collectibles: Boyertown, PA. Spiritual and anthropological antiques, horror movie props and collectibles, ghost tours, friendly and informative staff.
- The Creeper Gallery: New Hope, PA. Specializing in haunted antiques, morbidity focused books and authors, vintage taxidermy, antique spiritualism items, and dolls.
- The Strange and Unusual: South Street Neighborhood, Philadelphia, PA. Collectable oddities, fortune telling kits, spell making supplies, preserved natural history specimens.
- Backroads Antiques: Henryville, PA. This one is a bit of a drive, but well worth the trip! Victorian home furnishings, collectible oddities, fossils, estate quality gems, vintage Halloween pieces, etc.
Pennsylvania has such a rich spiritual history, and much of it started in the epicenter, Philadelphia. Because of this, there's plenty for the spiritual enthusiast to see and do while visiting!
If you happen to have a chance for lunch while you're in the area, don't forget to check out The White Dog Cafe's University City location doubles as the former residence of spiritualist, theologist and famous philosopher, Madame Blavatsky.
Amanda Linette Meder
*Asterisk indicates shops known to have a reader, healer, or spiritual consultant on hand available for either appointment or walk-in based private consultations. Call ahead to learn about hours/the services available at each shop or visit: The Directory of Independent Psychic Mediums in The Greater Philadelphia Metro Area.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Pennsylvania's Spiritual History: Lenape Culture, Mediumship and More
- Pennsylvania Spirituality Feature: The Village of Kimberton, Pennsylvania
- Spiritual Things To Do In Doylestown PA
- Mediumship Hot Spots In The US
Last updated: 29 Aug 2017