What To Do When You Sit Down To Write A Blog And Nothing Comes Out
Amanda Linette Meder
What do I do when sitting down to write my blog and create for my tribe and feel no inspiration? Sit anyways and wait for something to come? Wait for the feeling of inspiration and inspired thoughts coming? This does not happen often, but with the recent move and then immediately the holidays after, I am feeling challenged in this area. What do I do? - Answering a Member Question
When you sit down to write a blog, it's important to remember the desire to write often comes from an innate feeling of a need to give back.
So you are already tuned into to the knowing that you need to give, which is good.
Blogging is just one of the ways you can give.
Creating engaging social media posts is another way, and organizing, cleaning up, and sourcing new upgraded materials for your creation space is another. Taking and finding new images that match the more 'real you' for your site is yet another.
Blogging is simply a method of showing up in present time as your authentic self for your people.
And you can do this in many ways. Some way will require less energy and will give more boost back to your business, to boot, too. (For more Marketing Tips, see this eCourse: Marketing for Mediums).
When we go to take and distribute water from the well, that is, when we want to gather, write and share what we've learned, sometimes the block will come up when we notice:
- Some weeds around the base of the well
- Something fishy, off, or curious in the water
- A brick or two loose in the well wall that needs repair
Sitting down to blog and having nothing come out, think of it as a maintenance light being on in your car - signaling to you where to give back and indicating it's time to tend to another area of your well now, or to another area of creating.
Doing so can reignite your desire to write and also it will take your writing to a whole new echelon, because when you come back to it, you'll be far more creative and dynamic, adding all the new insights you gained in your absence to your work. (Conversely: if you routinely have blocks, giving yourself an editorial schedule can keep you on track).
Aside from blogging and the mediumship community, for myself, I try to have one or two side projects that I'm working on and going at any given time. It is these other projects I give to whenever I run into a block, because sometimes all it turns out to be, was that all I needed to do was something else with my hands for a while, and give myself time to work out whatever idea it was that I was working out. After that, I'm back.
So To Recap:
- The urge to blog, may simple be an indicator that your soul knows it's time to start giving back to your community. Thankfully, you can fulfill this need by giving back to your community in other ways, such as by giving back to yourself, upgrading your own materials and workspace, both actions which will infuse and re-enliven new energy into your work.
- Take a break from writing and go work on something else for a little while. Like another side project or craft. This will also infuse new energy into your work, by providing you with fresh insight from another subject area.
- This may be an indicator that it is indeed time to direct energy to your tribe, just, perhaps you can do it elsewhere, for now. Something less direct. Instead of planting new flowers, for example, consider it may be time to weed the bed instead - meaning, rather than writing something new, why not clean up and replace old materials with new?
If you still want to write during a blog freeze, try exercising your writing in another way, or on another platform. Like, for example, rather than typing out long lengthy posts, try crafting smaller, written messages instead.
Website Members: Still nothing coming out? Or coming in clearly enough to get out? This issue can also be related to a chakra block or a scattered energy field (too many strings pulling you in multiple directions). To fix: try one of the Chakra Clearing Meditations or a Calling Back Your Energy/Grounding Meditation in the Member Meditation Archives. Go to the Member Archives Now >>>
Amanda Linette Meder
Other Posts You May Enjoy:
- Upcoming Event: A Monthly Q&A Call
- How To Know When Something Is Right For You
- Old Memories As Clairvoyant Messaging: How It Works
- How To Support A Spouse Having A Spiritual Awakening
- How To Interpret Your Dreams
- How To Make Your Writing Easier To Read For Online Viewers
- Automatic Writing: Left Side or Right Side? Which Is Best?