05.24.2018. Philadelphia, PA - Hello There - With the new EU Law and marketing change going into effect later this week, The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), I thought now would be an excellent time to update you on everything regarding how I handle privacy on this website and how everyone we work with also strives for utmost security in all things - and why -
To begin, I have long known that in the work that I do, and in the work that others like me do, is yes - in part an intuition business, but in a more important part, it's a confidentiality business.
I and others like me, often work with people who live in conditions where speaking out about their gifts may not exactly be supported just yet.
Perhaps they are in other countries or in certain marriages.
Or they are public figures, or they have another business outside of what we do.
Regardless of the case, or the reason why exactly privacy is essential to those I work with, my own commitment to confidentiality and the confidentiality ethics of my staff is of utmost importance to make this work.
In other words, we take your data and privacy very seriously and thusly, collect very little of it.
So when GDPR announced it was updating its policies for the first time since 1995, I was both relieved and elated, because this is a law that is going to create worldwide change. And we, AmandaLinetteMeder.com, are more than happy to comply to this new process of transparency with your vital information - because in many cases, we've been doing it all along.
But in an effort to comply with the GDPR changes coming up this week, my site and our team has made these additional changes:
*We have digitally deleted any and all client reading files, including those collected between now and the past 5 years. So, if you've ever had a recorded file with me, that's now been deleted. Your files are no longer online!
*We have updated the newsletter sign-up form to let you know right there on the sign-up page, that I only email you - you won't receive hard copy marketing mailings from me out of the blue, unless it's a personal letter from me to you or you to me, and I won't be calling you either or signing you up for other services. We guarantee that any information we collect will always be related to an order you place, an email exchange we had or a submission to our list - and that's it - nothing else. No mailings to your house unexpectedly! No other lists!
*We have sent an email to all existing newsletter subscribers. If you're on my newsletter list, you have, by now, received two emails from me urging you to consent to continue to receive these mailings. Please check the box in these emails to continue to receive notifications from me after 05.25.2018. If you have not yet signed up to receive updates, please do so here. This is simply to make sure we ensure your consent to be contacted. More boxes for consent to the email grabbing process!
And, we've made other changes to our system, too -
- We've recently updated our web-server to https:// to create a more secure checkout process.
- We've removed our member files from a public hosting system and are transferring them to a double-encrypted system to keep the data trading process more secure.
- We have examined very carefully all of our current and future partnerships, to assure we only continue to partner with and link to organizations you can trust and with platforms, you can be proud of... from now to here on out. And we will continue to do this for the rest of time.
Thank you, for staying tuned as we navigate these changes and continue to work hard to make this industry the best it can be.
Ethical, reasonable and sustainable... for all!
For more information regarding GDPR compliance and how it will affect your business or you personally, as a recipient of such marketing, check out this article by Sarah Jeong at The Verge.
Amanda Linette Meder
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- The Membership Program - A Virtual Tour
- Upcoming Free Lecture Announcement 4.26.2018 - How PSI and Law Enforcement Work Together To Solve Missing Persons Cases
- Medium's Departed Grandmother Sparks Idea For New Las Vegas Boutique Soul Center
- Literary Witches: A New Book Is Out Covering Magical And Sci-Fi Female Writers Throughout History
- The Witch Dance: What It Is And Where You Can See It Live