If I had a dollar for every person that told me I was going to hell, I would be a very wealthy woman.
If I had a coin for every time someone told me that I was wrong, and I actually turned out to be right, I’d be able to afford an all-expense paid cruise.
And if I paid attention to and absorbed those thoughts every single time that happened, I would have never learned to trust myself or my abilities.
You cannot listen to everyone and their cousin who steps forward to criticize, attack or have an opinion on what you do and how you do it.
It doesn’t matter.
What matters is only this:
- What you believe in your heart
- What you know to be true
- That you're striving to live in alignment with your truth
Strong adherence to what you feel, know and see to be truth is essential to developing your spiritual and intuitive abilities, because both self-trust and self-confidence build the foundation of your spiritual gifts.
Connecting with Spirit is Connecting to Truth
Your Spiritual abilities are seated at the root of your soul’s access to its own guidance and its connection to the entire world of Spirit around and within you.
The full development of your spiritual abilities means that:
- No one can lie to you
- No one can cast an untruth over you
- You will no longer be as impressionable and vulnerable to the will, the desires and the wishes of others.
When you develop your intuitive gifts, you are finally stepping into a guidance beacon, which will direct you and keep you on the path of love and awakening . . . for the rest of your life.
This can be scary for some.
This could be scary for others in your life because, things will likely have to change.
opening the your soul can be a scary time
It’s a time when you start to go out on a limb to say things you would not have said as old you.
It’s a time when you start to tell other people what you really think and feel, with no guarantee of how they might respond.
It’s a time when you really begin to trust what you sense, feel and receive when you may have previously avoided this very thing.
It’s a time of risk and a time of stepping into something new.
It’s a time when you are releasing your own fears.
It is during this time when you are off-gassing and releasing your own fears, you may accidentally attract people to you with lots of fear around and within them, as well.
It is also during this time when your sensitivity to other people often gets stronger.
As you develop your intuitive abilities, your sensitivity muscles become stronger, your intuitive gifts of clairsentience and empathy began to open up more and more, and it becomes easier for you to:
Clearly perceive the thoughts, emotions and feelings of people around you
And clearly absorb the thoughts, emotions and feelings of people around you
This means during a time when fears are bubbling up, you'll be more sensitive to the waves of these emotions coming from others.
If you feel more sensitive and others around you feel the world is getting harsh as you open up spiritually, there's a reason.
You are more vulnerable as you open up your gifts because:
- You can now sense more of what is truly happening around you
- Many of your own fears and the fears of others are arising as an opportunity for healing
What can you do to best navigate a vulnerable time of development?
- Remember that you don’t have to absorb the worry, the fear and the anxiety of others around you. You can learn how to turn down your abilities, reject energy coming your way and avoid these situations.
- Preserve your energy and be vigilant of who you spend your time with as you develop your gifts.
- Be careful not to be around people who would normally be critical of you, picking on you or interested in knocking you down a peg.
- Feel free to delete emails, refrain from returning phone calls, or take a rain check on meeting with friends who may affect your feelings and thoughts adversely.
Do you have a friend who wouldn’t approve of you developing your gifts due to their own fears and worries?
Maybe it's best to sit this lunch date out for now.