In this post, we continue on our journey of debunking the Ghost Whisperer’s 100 Ghost Rules.
The Ghost Whisperer is a fictional television show, where the main character, Melinda, is a medium who struggles with managing her every day life and dealing with Spirit. It’s also a favorite show of my friends, family and acquaintances.
While the series has since been aired and completed, there’s lots of valid information on the show, yet many of the rules are in need of more explanation and expansion. So here, a real life medium and regular gal (me) will debunk, verify and clarify these ghost idiosyncrasies for you, step by step.
100 GHOST RULES FROM 51-75
Each rule is stated exactly as the show states it, underneath is each I provide you with the thoughts of a every-day medium.
51. Spirits choose to manifest, you can't make them do it.
Pretty much. You can’t make anyone do anything afterall, but you can ask very nicely. If you request the presence of a Spirit or focus on their energy, sometimes, even the most unexpected visitors, when dialed up, will show up.
52. Dark spirits can manipulate the recently departed to stay earthbound.
Not without their participation. Unfortunately, not everyone knows when something is a manipulation by another. This lesson, being able to identify when a manipulation happening and how to stop it, is a lesson we all must learn at some point. Some Spirits, learn it on the other side and some, learn it while still on Earth.
53. People who die, even for a short time, and see the Light, always come back changed.
From what I can tell, those who have had near-death experiences and have seen the crossing Light, often share that it has been a profound experience for them.
54. Dark spirits feed on negative emotions (anger, hate, jealousy).
They feed on lower emotions and any energy at all, given or sent their direction. The more lower energy that is sent their way, the more they have to work with. The more you water a garden, the more things within that garden, grow. Learn a bit more about this, here.
55. Spirits can be visible in photographs because cameras detect a broader spectrum of energy than the human eye.
56. Ghost visits can be triggered by a birth, death, or special holiday.
Spirit Visitations can be triggered by special events. Your Loved Ones on the Other Side want to be there for all the fun, emotional and meaningful things that you want them to be there for, so, they make it happen. Likewise, the opening of your own ability to see those in Spirit when they do visit can be opened by the birth or loss of a Loved One.
57. Ghosts may appear as a younger version of themselves.
Or skinnier, prettier, more well dressed . . .in any way that they can appear in their most ideal version of themselves. Since they are without physical body, they can easily change their appearance to suit their own wishes and to align with how they feel happiest. I would, too.
58. Sometimes a ghost doesn't initially realize he/she is dead.
It can be a shock. Especially if the death is a sudden one, such as in the case of an accident.
59. The power of love is often strong enough to save even an angry, vengeful earthbound spirit.
By extending love and compassion to others, you have the power to assist many people who are in pain, anger or sadness. If you encounter what you believe to be an upset Spirit, offer compassion. Please don’t scream, shout or challenge them to a dare. Talk to them like a loving person, that’s what most people need more.
60. Animal spirits can be earthbound.
Yes, though uncommon. This sometimes happens when those within the animal kingdom experience trauma or loss before their own deaths.
61. Animals (particularly dogs) can sense the presence of a ghost.
Dogs are trained and bred to care about humans and human activity. Most Spirits are human, thus, dogs notice them and care when a new human enters the space. Where other animals who care less about human behavior, may simply not pay as much attention to Spirits. Not enough attention anyway, to cue you in on what they are seeing or picking up.
62. Ghosts can appear under water.
Yes. They can also appear in the Sky or anywhere on Earth, where they may have visited, existed or frequented while alive.
63. Ghosts can create visions for empaths.
This is one of the main ways that Spirits communicate with humans, by sharing images with them in meditation, dreams or in their waking life. This is called clairvoyance and it’s not always what you think.
64. A ghost needs the living to help it sort out the mystery of his/her death.
There are mediums who specialize in crime scene assistance and uncovering the mystery of the death of someone. They focus on finding justice for both Spirit and their family left behind. However, the majority of Spirits have a pretty good idea of how they died and actually, it’s usually more us who remain stuck on the circumstances. Those in Spirit, while not always well versed in remembering all of the details, are more likely to move past their own deaths once in Spirit.
65. A ghost can manifest in strange and unexpected places, like dollhouses, if that's where it's unfinished business is.
Ghosts can appear in a variety of ways, in a variety of places. I’m often surprised at the places they show up. But, not everyone in Spirit has ‘unfinished business’, sometimes, they just show up because they can, not necessarily because they want anything.
66. As ghost's memories begin to return, many times recollections come in waves.
The information that a medium receives from a Spirit often comes in huge lumps, which is why many mediums speak in truncated sentences, in spurts of here and there information, or really quickly for a minute and then nothing at all. It’s the Spirit. It takes practice to learn how to teach Spirit to streamline their information for you, so that you can share it with others in a less chaotic fashion.
67. In the case of twins, when one is living and the other's dead, the ghost twin tries to reconnect with the living twin through thoughts or shared memories.
This can happen with ANY two person bond that was really close such as soul mates, friendships, marriages or a close partnerships of any kind, including siblings.
68. Beware of ghost stories like Bloody Mary, because sometimes, they can conjure up ghosts.
True. Trying to call up Spirits, and you actually do. With careful boundaries and knowledge about those in the Spirit world, calling up those in Spirit can be safe, fun and even beneficial. But without awareness of the types of Spirits out there or how to keep out the ones you don’t want to attract, talking about Spirits, can definitely, dial them up. This is definitely a case of being very careful what you wish for.
69. There is no limit on how long a spirit can be earthbound.
No limit. It could be hundreds of years sometimes, which is why, when I encounter one who ‘looks’ like they’ve been around a while, such as wearing out-dated clothing, I remind them of the date and year, to bring them up to speed.
70. Spirits do exist in the Underworld.
Because there is a Light, there is also a Dark. Yes, this is true. All mediums that I work and train with, safeguard against connecting with anything or anyone who is not living within the Divine Light.
71. In the ghost world, love never dies.
I would argue that in the physical world, true love never dies, either. Love is love. It’s eternal. That’s that. If you loved someone deeply on Earth, and they cross over, the love you shared, still exists and transcends the boundaries between the worlds.
72. If a ghost dies naked, it remains naked when intersecting with the living.
I guess so, yes. The exception to this would be that those in Spirit are free to change their appearance at any time, so, they do not wish to be bare skinned, they can cover up with images of clothing.
73. If a person is passionate about music, in death, the ghost keeps the music alive.
If a person is passionate about anything, it’s part of their soul purpose here on this Earth and when someone dies, it is their physical body that is lost. Their soul, still remains. Anything that makes a person who they really are - their art, their hobby, their life’s work - this remains a part of their soul upon passing. Many times, Loved Ones in Spirit see that their passions, loves and hobbies are carried out and continued on, either within the Spiritual realms or by those they have left behind, in the physical realm.
74. There is a unique group of ghosts from the spirit world that connects with children -- they are known as 'Shinies'.
There are a unique group of Spirits who connect with children directly, though I’m not sure what Shinies are. Learn more about those in Spirit who connect with children, here.
75. An earthbound spirit can look as robust as the living.
Those in Spirit can appear to a medium in varying shades and degrees of robustness or transparency, depending on all types of things, including environmental factors and personal energy levels. You can learn more about this here and here.
I hope this clears some things up for you ~ stay tuned next week for the debunking and clarifying of Ghost Whisperer’s 76-100 Rules!